2010 Paralympic Selection
Ranking System for 2010 US Sailing Team AlphaGraphics’ Paralympic Classes
In each of the three classes selected for the 2012 Paralympic Games -- 2.4 Metre, SKUD-18 and Sonar – the three teams with the lowest total scores in the series standings after two qualifying regattas will be eligible for the 2010 US Sailing Team AlphaGraphics.
1. 2009 Americas Regatta, St. Petersburg, Fla., December 4 – 6, 2009
2. US SAILING’s 2010 Rolex Miami OCR, Miami, Fla., January 24 – 30, 2010
1. Final finish position (not net points) counts towards series standings
2. All boats count as place holders. (Men, Women, Mixed, International)
3. If there is a series score tie between two or more boats, the tie shall be broken in favor of the boat with the better finish at US SAILING’s Rolex Miami OCR.
Additional Scoring Policies for Multi-Crewed Classes:
1. In order to count towards series score, helm and crew members must be eligible to represent the USA in the 2012 Paralympic Games.
2. Teams are encouraged to sail with the same helm and crew at each of the qualifying regattas.
3. If teams sail with different helm or crew at different events, the combination that sails together at Rolex Miami OCR will be the team that qualifies for the USSTAG.
4. Teams that are unable to sail together at Rolex Miami OCR may apply to US SAILING’s Olympic Sailing Committee (OSC) prior to OCR for an exception, provided they will sail together at the other qualifying event and that the substitute team member at OCR is in agreement.
1. If Rolex Miami OCR is a non-event, the Americas Regatta will be the sole qualifying event for the 2010 USSTAG.
2. If both qualifying events are non-events, the OSC will present a new qualification system.
The three classes chosen for the 2012 Paralympic Games are: 2.4mR (open), SKUD18 (mixed) and Sonar (open).