2011 Paralympic Selection
Ranking System for 2011 US Sailing Team AlphaGraphics’ Paralympic Classes
In each of the three classes selected for the 2012 Paralympic Games – 2.4 Meter, SKUD-18 and Sonar – the three teams with the lowest total scores in the series standings after two qualifying regattas will be eligible for the 2011 US Sailing Team AlphaGraphics.
Athletes qualify for the USSTAG through on-the-water performance and will remain on USSTAG until one of three things happens:
- They resign from USSTAG or retire from active Paralympic class competition;
- They are removed by the Olympic Sailing Committee (OSC) for a Code of Conduct violation;
- The calendar year concludes and a new Team is named.
- US SAILING Disabled Sailing Championship, December 2-5, 2010 (St Petersburg, FL)
- US SAILING’s 2011 Rolex Miami OCR
- Final finish position (not net points) counts towards series standings.
- Teams must sail and must count both events to qualify for the 2011 team.
- All boats count as place holders. (Men, Women, Mixed, International).
- If there is a series score tie between two or more boats, the tie shall be broken in favor of the boat with the better finish at US SAILING’s Rolex Miami OCR.
Additional Scoring Policies for Multi-Crewed Classes:
- In order to count towards series score, helm and crew members must be eligible to represent the USA in the 2012 Paralympic Games.
- Teams must sail with the same helm at both events and are encouraged to sail with the same crew.
- If a team’s skipper sails with different crew at two events, the combination that sails together at Rolex Miami OCR will be the team that qualifies for the USSTAG.
- Teams that are unable to sail together at Rolex Miami OCR may apply to US SAILING’s Olympic Sailing Committee (OSC) prior to OCR for an exception, provided they will sail together at the other qualifying event and that the substitute team member at OCR is in agreement. The OSC will consider medical issues or personal emergencies for such an exception.
- If either of the events is a non-event, then the 2011 USSTAG Qualification will be determined by the single event.
- If both events are non-events, a third event will be named by the OSC as soon as possible after RMOCR.